Since we’re allegedly in the midst of the lazy days of summer and I’m on the verge of wrapping up an anything-but-easy-breezy work week, I’m definitely ready to be super lazy this weekend!
It looks like Mother Nature will be cooperating with my beach and gal-pal plans here in New York. Since chilling out is on my weekend agenda, I thought it was a good time to offer my top 10 all-time favorite fun summer anthems.
- “The Boys of Summer,” Don Henley
- “All Summer Long,” Kid Rock
- “Summertime, Summertime,” Nocera
- “Summer Girls,” Dino
- “Suddenly Last Summer,” The Motels
- “Summertime” DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince
- “Cruel Summer,” Bananarama
- “Summer in the City,” Lovin’ Spoonful
- “Summer Love,” Justin Timberlake
- “Miami,” Will Smith (I know the word summer isn’t in this song, but I just think summer when I hear it!)
Whether you’re warming up or cooling down, taking a long walk on the beach, or just hanging with family and friends in the backyard, I hope some of these songs improve the ambience for your down time.
Of course, I want to know what’s your favorite summer song?
Whatever music you listen to, here’s to a fantastic weekend filled with plenty of time to re-charge the batteries and countless chances to have fun, be fit and feel fabulous!
Posted on July 20, 2012, in Fitness and tagged Favorite Summer Songs, Laura DeAngelis, Music, Summer Songs, Summertime. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
Oh. My. Goodness. The Boys of Summer takes me right back to my senior year in highschool, driving around with my highschool boyfriend without a care in the world. Amazing.
Yes, good memories all around! The Boys of Summer is one of my all-time favorite songs no matter what time of year. Glad I could take you on a trip down memory lane! Thanks for checking in and here’s to a great weekend ahead!