Using Other Peoples’ Words for Some Monday Motivation
Happy Labor Day!
I usually kick off each week with some words of motivation to get people moving or put some life plans into action. However, since today is a holiday, I thought I’d take a bit of a break and borrow a few words of wisdom from some notable folks.
Anyone who follows me on Twitter or keeps up with me on Facebook (and if you don’t, why not start today?) knows I share all kinds of quotes from sports legends, philosophers and pop culture icons. Some have been worthy of repeat postings. So today, I though I’d compile a list of my very favorites.
I believe many of these sayings offer a boost beyond the walls of the gym or your favorite running route. They’re reminders on why we should push the body, mind and spirit in our everyday pursuit of overall physical and mental wellness.
- “I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.” -Bill Cosby
- “He who does not risk will never drink champagne.”-Russian proverb
- “The difference between life and the movies is that a script has to make sense, and life doesn’t.” – Joseph L. Mankiewicz
- “The indispensable first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want.” -Ben Stein
- “The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.”-Paul Valery
- “You’ll always miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”-Wayne Gretzky
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”-Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” -Andy Warhol
- “It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.”-Confucius
- “Lead, follow or get out of the way.”-Thomas Paine
- “Clear your mind of can’t.” -Solon
- “Practice doesn’t make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.”-Vince Lombardi
- “The man who has no imagination has no wings.”-Muhammad Ali
- “All things are difficult before they are easy.”-Thomas Fuller
- “Good judgment comes from experience, and experience usually comes from bad judgment.”-Anonymous
- “Sometimes you have to play for a long time to be able to play like yourself.”-Miles Davis, Jr.
- “If you’re not making mistakes, you’re not trying hard enough.”-Vince Lombardi
- “Experience is not what happens to you, it is what you do with what happens to you.”-Aldous Huxley
- “You ain’t gonna learn what you don’t wanna know.”-Jerry Garcia
For number 20, I leave you with my favorite quote at this time in my life:
“Some people believe that holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go – and then do it.” -Ann Landers
It’s amazing how the words of others can sometimes be the eye opener you need for that extra push to have fun, be fit and feel fabulous!
Posted on September 3, 2012, in Fitness, Health and tagged 1001 Smartest Things Ever Said, Bill Cosby, Famous Quotes, Laura DeAngelis, Motivation, Notable Quotations, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Sports Quotes, Steven D. Price, Vince Lombardi. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.