Some New Tunes for the New Year
Despite the abbreviated work week, it’s been a bit of a challenge getting back to the grind after taking some time off for the holidays. One thing that always helps me put a bit more spring in my steps during my morning walk to work and keep the energy up during my workouts is good music.
So, on this first Friday of 2013, I thought I’d offer some of my current favorite songs that keep me moving on the elliptical, banging out the burpees and making each rep count. Some of these tunes are old, some are new, but they always manage to keep me going!
My Cardio Kicks:
- “‘Right Now” (feat. David Guetta), Rihanna
- “Appreciate Me,” Amuka (feat. Sheila Brody)
- “Run” (feat. Alanah) Andy Duguid
- “Sweet Nothing” (feat. Florence Welch) Calvin Harris
- “Spectrum,” Florence + The Machine
- “Turn Around (5, 4, 3, 2,1),” Flo Rida
- “Feel the Beat,” Darude
- “Who’s Got Your Love?” Nyasia
- “Theme to S’Express,” S’Express
- “The Sound of Goodbye,” Perpetuous Dreamer
Tabata/ Weights/ CrossFit-Style Motivators:
- “Hate It or Love It,” Game & 50 Cent
- “My Time” Fabolous & Jeremih
- “I Miss the Misery, ” Halestorm
- “Falls Apart,” Stabbing Westward
- “4 Minutes,” Madonna w/ Justin Timberlake
- “Shout 2000,” Disturbed
- “Looks That Kill,” Motley Crue
- “Control,” Puddle of Mudd
- “Time of My Life,” 3 Doors Down
- “The Fire,” The Roots & John Legend
I’m always looking for new songs (or the “oldies” I forgot about!) to add to my workout playlists, so don’t be shy about telling me what motivates you to move. Here’s to a great weekend ahead filled with good workouts, good music and good times as we continue along our 2013 path to have fun, be fit and feel fabulous!
Posted on January 4, 2013, in Fitness, Health and tagged Cardio Playlist, Laura DeAngelis, Motivation, Personal Fitness, Tabata Training, Weight Training Playlist, Workout Music. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment