Friday’s Final Thoughts
So, as I sail into my birthday weekend on an easy-breezy note, I thought I’d share a few smiles courtesy of my top 10 favorite quotes about getting older. These words of wisdom are good reminders for all of us – yes, that includes me! – that age really is just a number.
- “Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.”-Satchel Paige
- “Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.”-Mark Twain
- “Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty in every age of life really never grows old.”-Franz Kafka
- “Time ripens all things; no man is born wise.”-Miguel de Cervantes
- I promise to keep on living as though I expected to live forever. Nobody grows old by merely living a number of years. People grow old by deserting their ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up wrinkles the soul.”-Douglas MacArthur
- “I speak truth, not so much as I would, but as much as I dare; and I dare a little more, as I grow older.”-Catherine Drinker Bowen
- “The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”-Muhammad Ali
- “When you are younger you get blamed for crimes you never committed and when you’re older, you begin to get credit for virtues you never possessed. It evens itself out.”-George Santayana
- “You are never too old to be what you might have been.”-George Eliot
- “A birthday is a good time to begin anew: throwing away the old habits, as you would old clothes, and never putting them on again.”-Bronson Alcott
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend filled with countless who-cares-how-old-your-drivers-license-says-you-are-moments and plenty of chances to have fun, be fit and feel fabulous!
Posted on February 8, 2013, in Health and tagged Age is Just a Number, Birthday Reflections, Famous Quotes, Getting Older, Laura DeAngelis, Notable Quotes About Getting Older. Bookmark the permalink. 9 Comments.