Friday’s Final Thoughts
This particular Friday not only brings the likely arrival of what could be a blizzard here in New York City. It also marks the last day of my 38th year on this planet.
So, as I sail into my birthday weekend on an easy-breezy note, I thought I’d share a few smiles courtesy of my top 10 favorite quotes about getting older. These words of wisdom are good reminders for all of us – yes, that includes me! – that age really is just a number.
- “Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.”-Satchel Paige
- “Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.”-Mark Twain
- “Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty in every age of life really never grows old.”-Franz Kafka
- “Time ripens all things; no man is born wise.”-Miguel de Cervantes
- I promise to keep on living as though I expected to live forever. Nobody grows old by merely living a number of years. People grow old by deserting their ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up wrinkles the soul.”-Douglas MacArthur
- “I speak truth, not so much as I would, but as much as I dare; and I dare a little more, as I grow older.”-Catherine Drinker Bowen
- “The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”-Muhammad Ali
- “When you are younger you get blamed for crimes you never committed and when you’re older, you begin to get credit for virtues you never possessed. It evens itself out.”-George Santayana
- “You are never too old to be what you might have been.”-George Eliot
- “A birthday is a good time to begin anew: throwing away the old habits, as you would old clothes, and never putting them on again.”-Bronson Alcott
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend filled with countless who-cares-how-old-your-drivers-license-says-you-are-moments and plenty of chances to have fun, be fit and feel fabulous!
Posted on February 8, 2013, in Health and tagged Age is Just a Number, Birthday Reflections, Famous Quotes, Getting Older, Laura DeAngelis, Notable Quotes About Getting Older. Bookmark the permalink. 9 Comments.
Love, Ethel and Jack
Thanks so much for the birthday wishes! Stay safe in the snow! xo
Happy Birthday, Laura. 40 isn’t so bad, I’m in better shape now than I was 10 years ago. Glad to have found your motivational blog, thanks again for sharing!
Hello Sean! Thanks so much for the kind birthday wishes! Thirty-nine has been good to me so far…so I am looking forward to the adventures in the year ahead and beyond. Hope you’re enjoying the weekend so far.
I loved all the quotes…it was hard to choose a favorite 🙂 Happy Birthday Laura! You will love your 40s when you get there, I promise.
So nice to see you here! Thanks for the birthday wishes and I’m glad you enjoyed the quotes. I love all of them, too! I am actually looking forward to my 40s when they start next year…I think I’ll be a lot smarter by then! HA! Have a great weekend!
happy birthday laura enjoy your last day of your 38th year
HAPPY BELATED MY DEAR! HOPE IT WAS FABULOUS! JUST GOT HOME FROM ECA FITNESS CONFERENCE THIS WEEKEND AT THE MARUQIS AND IT WAS AMAZING! TAKING TOMORROW OFF TO RECOVER FROM THE 6000 CALORIES BURNED AND LACTIC ACID BUILD UP! HARD WORK BUT SOOOOOOOOOO WORTH IT FOR THE KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE! HOPE YOUR DAY WAS AS FABULOUS AS YOU ARE! XOXO
Thanks for the birthday wishes, Amy! Glad you had such a killer weekend – sounds amazing! I have a NASM workshop this coming Sunday on Corrective Exercise. I’m looking forward to it – but I won’t be burning quite as many calories in the 8-hour day! Have a great week!