My Summertime Survival Tools
As you can probably tell from my last few posts, I’m very excited about the arrival of my favorite season. Since this Motivation Monday falls just five days before the start of the summer, I thought I’d offer a quick hit list of some of my seasonal fitness survival tools:
2) Moisture-wicking clothing: Sometimes the gear I wear makes all the difference between sweating it out and throwing in the towel.
3) Portable / non-perishable snacks: My new favorite are KIND protein bars, but some old stand-bys include bananas, apples and almonds. If you’re packing a cooler for the beach, watermelon, pineapple and frozen grapes are a few of my picks for refreshing sweet treats.
4) Jump rope: My favorite portable workout tool of all time! Winds up and fits in any backpack and can be used anywhere from the park to the beach.
5) New kicks: You may recall I get a new pair of cross trainers twice a year. Since I tend to ask Santa to leave one pair under the tree for me on Christmas Day, this is the time of year I look for the next pair that I can start wearing down.
6) Sunscreen: I’m the first to admit I did a ton of damage to myself as a sun worshipper in my teens and 20s. After developing Rosacea in my 30s, I’m a lot better of protecting my skin from harm. The sensitive skin on my face does well with a lightweight fluid called Athelios from LaRoche-Posay. I also like the sheer touch formulas by Hawaiian Tropic and I’ve heard great things about the Banana Boat sports sunscreen line.
7) Good tunes: I simply cannot get into my workout without some heart-pounding beats. Here are the five songs currently giving me the biggest boost for cardio, Tabatas and weight training (some are old, some are new):
- “Truly Madly Deeply (Thomas Gold Radio Edit)” – Cascada
- “Crank It Up” – David Guetta & Akon
- “Can’t Hold Us (featuring Ray Dalton)” – Mackelmore & Ryan Lewis
- “My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark” – Fall Out Boy
- “Stay Hungry” – Twisted Sister
Now bring on the start of summer 2013 and plenty of sun-filled days so we can all have fun, be fit and feel fabulous right through Labor Day!
Posted on June 17, 2013, in Fitness, Health, Nutrition and tagged Athelios, Healthy Snacks, KIND bars, LaRoche-Posay, Laura DeAngelis, Outdoor Workouts, Personal Fitness, Summertime Workouts, Sunscreen and Working Out, Under Armour, Workout Playlist. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.