Using Music for Motivation
I remember making countless mix tapes back in college and more of those tapes were littered around my car when I went to gyms in the different states where I worked. Now my iTunes playlists have replaced those old-school cassettes. In the “old days,” I never went anywhere without my Walkman, and today, I make sure to have my ear buds with me at all times so I can play my motivational music for long walks in the city or when I work out at the gym or in the park.
Since music is such a big motivator in my routine, I thought I’d share my favorite top 10 songs of the moment. I always love to hear what everyone out there is listening to so don’t be shy about sharing your own top picks. Remember, whether you use music to move you or soothe you, it’s a great tool to add to your routine that can help you have fun, be fit and feel fabulous!
Laura’s November 2013 Faves:
- “Let It Go (Laidback Luke Remix)” by Dragonette
- “Cry Baby (Paul Oakendfold Mix” by Roisin Murphy
- “Berzerk” by Eminem
- “Little Bad Girl” by David Guetta
- “TKO” by Justin Timberlake
- “Starry Eyed (Penquin Prison Remix)” by Ellie Goulding
- “It’s All Good (The Scumfrog Mixshow)” by Fantasia
- “A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got)” by Fergie, Q-Tip & GoonRock
- “Victim” by WIN WIN
- “My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark” by Fall Out Bo