A Hippity-Hoppity Motivation Monday!
If you need some motivation to get moving on this particular Motivation Monday, let me direct your attention to the empty Easter basket in your house.
If you were lucky enough to get your own personal visit from the Easter bunny or perhaps you simply swiped some of your kids’ loot, you joined thousands of others in a sugar-filled holiday celebration. After Halloween, Easter is the second-largest candy-giving holiday. So if you enjoyed savoring some sweetness, now’s the time to work it off!
Still need a shot of motivation to kick the candy coma and get your butt to the gym? Here are some calorie counts of some of the most popular treats:
- Cadbury eggs – my all-time favorite! One egg = 170 calories; 6 grams of fat
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs (probably my second favorite) One egg = 180 calories; 11 grams of fat
- Solid chocolate bunny (small, 1.75 ounces) = 298 calories; 18 grams of fat
- Brach’s Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Egg: 1=43 cals, 1.2 g fat,6 g sugar
- Jelly Beans: 20 candies = 160 calories, 0 grams of fat (But oh, the sugar!)
- Jordan Almonds: 13 almonds = 140 calories, 5 grams of fat
- Peeps: 5 Peeps = 160 calories, 0 grams of fat (Again, the sugar!)
For those celebrating Passover, here’s how a few menu items break down:
- Dark chocolate covered matzah: 3 pieces – 200 calories; 11 grams of fat
- Coconut macaroons: 2 cookies = 142 calories; 7 grams of fat
- Chocolate coconut macaroons: 1 cookie – 190 calories; 11 grams of fat
Remember, whatever and whenever you celebrate, enjoy the quality time with family and friends and don’t sweat the extra calories. There’s always post-holiday time to get back on track with your plans to have fun, be fit and feel fabulous!
Posted on April 2, 2018, in Fitness, Health, Nutrition and tagged Candy, Chocolate, Easter, Holiday Foods, Matzah, Motivation Monday, Passover, Personal Fitness. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment