If you were lucky enough to get your own personal visit from the Easter bunny or perhaps you simply swiped some of your kids’ loot, you joined thousands of others in a sugar-filled holiday celebration. After Halloween, Easter is the second-largest candy-giving holiday. So if you enjoyed savoring some sweetness, now’s the time to work it off!
Still need a shot of motivation to kick the candy coma and get your butt to the gym? Here are some calorie counts of some of the most popular treats:
- Cadbury eggs – my all-time favorite! One egg = 170 calories; 6 grams of fat
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs (probably my second favorite) One egg = 180 calories; 11 grams of fat
- Solid chocolate bunny (small, 1.75 ounces) = 298 calories; 18 grams of fat
- Brach’s Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Egg: 1=43 cals, 1.2 g fat,6 g sugar
- Jelly Beans: 20 candies = 160 calories, 0 grams of fat (But oh, the sugar!)
- Jordan Almonds: 13 almonds = 140 calories, 5 grams of fat
- Peeps: 5 Peeps = 160 calories, 0 grams of fat (Again, the sugar!)
For those celebrating Passover, here’s how a few menu items break down:
- Dark chocolate covered matzah: 3 pieces – 200 calories; 11 grams of fat
- Coconut macaroons: 2 cookies = 142 calories; 7 grams of fat
- Chocolate coconut macaroons: 1 cookie – 190 calories; 11 grams of fat
Remember, whatever and whenever you celebrate, enjoy the quality time with family and friends and don’t sweat the extra calories. There’s always post-holiday time to get back on track with your plans to have fun, be fit and feel fabulous!