I hope you’re proudly sporting some red today to show your support for the fight against heart disease as part of National Wear Red Day! As a follow-up to Wednesday’s post about National Heart Month, I thought I’d offer some musical motivation to get your heart beating a little faster. With that, I offer my first song list for 2012.
Here’s the playlist that’s currently pushing me through my cardio routine:
- “Me & You (Dimitri Andreas Remix),by Mr. Sam featuring Rani (this tune has been my go-to warm up and cool down for a week)
- “What Doesn’t Kill You (Stronger),” Kelly Clarkson (Seriously, who can’t relate to this song?)
- “Glad You Came,” The Wanted
- “Turn Me On,” David Guetta & Nicki Manaj
- “Medicine” Kim Leoni
- “Time Goes By,” Carrie Skipper
- “You and Me Belong,” JES
- “Make Me Feel,” The Benassi Bros.
- “Big Sky,” John O’Callaghan featuring Audrey Gallagher
- “Get Better,” KMC featuring Sandy
- “Ghost,” JES
- “Touch Me,” Rui Da Silva
This will be my last post for 2011. I’m happy to report I’ll actually be following some of the advice I’ve shared on my blog and taking it easy between now and the start of the New Year. I’m looking forward to spending time with family and friends for Christmas, enjoying some holiday treats and then enjoying some down time as December comes to an end. I’m looking forward to mixing up my workout a bit with a new group exercise class or two and not glancing at the clock every few minutes to see how much time I have left before rushing off to some other obligation.
All that being said, my holiday gift to all of you is one final music list featuring my current cardio favorites:
- “Shivers” by Armin van Buren
- “Open Your Heart” (featuring Tiff Lacey) by Cosmic Gate
- “My World” (Andy Moor Remix) Luminary
- “Make Me Feel” Benassi Bros.
- “Next to You” Darude
- “Amsterdam” (Super8 & Tab Remix) Luminary
- “Chemistry” (Eric S Remix Radio Mix) Velvet
- “You and Me Belong” Jes
- “Sexy and I Know It” LMFAO
- “Like a Waterfall” Jes
Some “oldies but goodies” for resistance training:
- “Wherever I May Roam” Metallica
- “The Fire” The Roots & John Legend
- “Four Minutes” Madonna (feat. Justin Timberlake)
- “Crazy on You” Heart
- “Dragula” Rob Zombie
- “Sin” Nine Inch Nails
I’d like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy Hanukkah, a Merry Christmas, a Happy Kwanzaa and of course, a Happy and Healthy New Year! Thank you for making my new blogging adventures so much fun! I’ll be back with new posts after the New Year and look forward to receiving your questions and comments so we can continue on our journey to have fun, be fit and feel fabulous in 2012…and beyond!