This is one of those Motivation Mondays that has everyone doing something a little different. That’s because while President’s Day is still an American holiday celebrated on the third Monday in February, it’s one of those holidays where many people still have to show up at the office. Others may be working from home. Some lucky people may be enjoying an escape from the cold thanks to it being winter break time for their kids. Whatever you’re doing today, make it great and try and get some exercise into your routine.
This holiday was originally established to recognize President George Washington, but today it’s viewed as a time to celebrate all U.S presidents. If you’ve been stopping by here for awhile, you know I like to share motivational quotes once in awhile. So I thought today offered the perfect opportunity to offer a few words of wisdom from some of America’s leaders. (Please note, this is a total non-partisan group of quotes. I simply chose the words that moved me.) It amazes me how many sources of inspiration exist in history that can help us on our current quest to have fun, be fit and feel fabulous!
“We should not look back unless it is to derive useful lessons from past errors, and for the purpose of profiting by dearly bought experience.”–George Washington
“Take time to deliberate; but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in.” –Andrew Jackson
“We must dare to be great; and we must realize that greatness is the fruit of toil and sacrifice and high courage.” -Teddy Roosevelt
While I’m still enjoying this mini-vacation, I didn’t want to entirely blow off my typical shot of “Monday Motivation” for anyone needing a little kick in the you-know-what to get moving this week.
In the essence of time, I’m borrowing this week’s words from some famous motivators. I often receive positive feedback when I share famous quotes, I figured it couldn’t hurt to offer a few more while I’m out of town. Enjoy!
- “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.”-Wayne Dyer
- “I don’t believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be.” -Ken Venturi
- “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” -Henry David Thoreau
- “What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.” -Ralph Marston
- “The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.” -Thomas Paine
- “Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.” -Victor Kiam
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” -Mark Twain
- “You can never quit. Winners never quit, and quitters never win.” -Ted Turner
- “Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.” -Walter Elliot
If you want more motivational quotes, be sure to follow me on Twitter or find me on Facebook. (There are buttons on the top right hand side of this page to click on so you can connect quickly!)
Here’s hoping you had a chance to rest and re-charge a bit over the weekend so you can go out this week and grab every opportunity to have fun, be fit and feel fabulous!
With the 2012 holiday hustle and bustle in high gear, there aren’t always enough hours in the day to come up with original material for my blog. So, I hope you’ll forgive my ending this particular work week with what I hope will be a little comic relief and some borrowed words for motivation.
First, thanks to my colleague and friend Valerie for this one:
For those of you who aren’t sure why the above definition holds true, here’s an encore presentation of the quick video I posted over the summer showing what the burpee looks like in action:
Finally, I offer a few words from some famous folks that I hope will motivate you to conquer burpees and all the other “tough stuff” life can throw at you:
“All things ar difficult before they are easy.”-Thomas Fuller
“If you’re not making mistakes, you’re not trying hard enough.” -Vince Lombardi
“The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win.” -Roger Bannister
And finally, I figured this was the perfect quote to end a Friday post:
“Always so sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”-Ernest Hemingway
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend and plenty of chances to have fun, be fit and feel fabulous!